Sign up for a gym membership in White Bear Township. Eat better and use a nutrition plan. Try an alternative workout class. Reach your optimal weight.
We’ve all been there. It’s a new year, and we choose particular resolutions. Then we abandon them in just a few weeks. Why does this occur?
1. Set Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a steadfast intention to do or not do an action. On account of this, they’re rigid and might be discouraging.
Goals are an objective of your ambition, an aspiration or a favorable outcome. They sound less dreadful—and more achieveable.
Imagine you come into the new year with the attitude of creating attainable goals, instead of choosing intimidating resolutions? Reassessing how you think about things and being nicer to yourself is a start toward development.
2. Create SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals for 2020 could involve:
- Professional—obtaining a promotion at your job.
- Health—beginning a strength training schedule.
- Personal—reading additional books.
Now that you’ve set your goals, how do you stay dedicated to reaching them?
SMART goals encourage you to reach objectives and acknowledge accomplishments during your journey.
How Do You Choose a SMART Goal?
SMART signifies specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. They’re distinct but not overpowering.
Your SMART goals could be:
- Read for 20 minutes before sleeping nightly this week.
- Consume vegetables at every meal this week.
- Walk after your evening meal daily this week.
Creating SMART goals will prevent you from becoming overwhelmed by what you want to reach.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Loved One
Be sure to share your goals with someone! Using an accountability partner can help you in staying motivated during the process.
4. Sign Up for a Free Week at FXB White Bear Township
Prepared to finally meet your fitness goals this year?
Making (and meeting) goals is simply one piece of the healthy lifestyle we demonstrate at Farrell's White Bear Township. Sign up for a free week and learn how we can help you meet your goals.